Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Cooking: Tous Les Jours Sesame Tapioca Balls

Hey guys!
Alright today I will be baking!! Baking is actually one of my favorite hobbies...especially when the goods turn out well HAHA

Today I will be talking about how to make the Tous Les Jours Sesame Tapioca Balls(깨찰빵) ! 

Let's get started!
Okay so this is technically not my own recipe since I basically just use the mix they give me, but I still think its really useful for those who can't read the Korean directions on the back of the box!

I think this is probably one of the best things I've ever baked ^^ Whenever I bake it for family-friend dinner parties, everyone loves it and always asks where I bought the mix. It's really really really yummy!
(By the way, you can buy this mix at some Korean supermarkets! Definitely not all Korean markets though, since I've been to many Korean markets and sometimes they don't sell it...does that sounds repetitive... haha)

Here is the box it comes in!
Inside they give you two mix packages.
I'm such a sucker for pretty and sophisticated packaging and I love how its not just some plain white bag or something! ^^ Extra points for making the mix package look pretty hahaha.

One Premix package will make about 13 sesame tapioca balls!
Ingredients needed: 
1 Premix
1 Egg
1/3 Cup of Water
Happy Heart (because to make yummy treats you gotta be happy!!)

1st Step: Preheat the oven to 356°F .
2nd Step: In a medium sized bowl, add together 1 egg and 1/3 cup of water. On the actual box the instructions says 90 mL but since I measure in cups, I converted it to cups and it's about 1/3 cup. After combining, mix them well!
3rd Step: Add the Mix and mix them all together!

I usually first stir it up until all the egg and water have been relatively mixed in and then I knead the dough together with my hands.
Ah, much better now. Nice and smooth!
4th Step: Make ping-pong ball-sized balls with the dough, making sure to roll them into smooth spheres! Place them on a baking sheet, with some distance away from each other.
5th Step: The oven should be done preheating, so go ahead and put the pan into the oven! Let them bake for about 30-40 minutes. This always depends on your oven so just bake until the balls have a touch of golden brown to them. Also, be prepared for a really yummy aroma! ^^

6th Step: After they are done baking, take them out of the oven and enjoy! Be sure to share with your family and friends.
I really love how the texture is crunchy on the outside, but has a certain sticky/gooey part on the inside, which is where to tapioca plays a role. 
Don't know if you can tell from this picture, but it's so delicious! See how it's kinda stretchy?
Anyway, thanks for coming along my cooking journey! Hope you guys try this recipe!

Love,
Jess











No comments:

Post a Comment